I am through with the Star Wars series. The last movie in the series is Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi. Han Solo who has been frozen in carbonite is being held by Jabba. Luke and Leia hatch a plan, kill Jabba and free Solo. Luke also learns that Leia is his sister. Meanwhile, the Empire has started work on a battle-station bigger than DeathStar. The Rebel Alliance plan to destroy this station. The station is being protected by a shield from the neighbouring planet of Endor. Solo and Leia with the help of Ewoks (the forest dwellers of Endor) destroy the power source. On the battle station, Luke faces his father Vader and the Emperor himself. The Emperor tries to bring Luke to the Dark Side. In the end, his attempt is botched by Vader himself. Both Vader and the Emperor are killed and the battle-station is destroyed. The Empire is squashed and the Rebels win. Luke, Leia and Solo live happily ever after. That is, unless Lucas starts working on a sequel trilogy! 😉
Return of the Jedi is not impressive. The scenes between Luke, Vader and the Emperor are good and the flying scooters are cool. But, the Ewoks are downright irritating and do not fit into the movie at all. Leia is very watchable, if you have seen this episode, you know what I mean. 😉
My ranking of the Star Wars series:
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back — Excellent story and fantastic landscapes.
- Episode IV: A New Hope — The beginning of a series is always interesting.
- Episode III: The Revenge Of The Sith — Very dark and serious.
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace — Another beginning.
- Episode VI: The Return Of The Jedi — Ewoks. Why Lucas, why?!
- Episode II: Attack Of The Clones — Skip this episode please!